Regulations – Obligations – Sanctions:
Every traveller (aged 16+) is required to sign the Travellers Registration. Failure to comply with these obligations may result in fines ranging from €600-30,000 depending on whether mild or serious misconduct (L.O 4/2015).
Do I need to print the traveler reports?
The reports will be printed and will make up the record-books containing between 100 and 500 pages, which will be available for the Law Enforcement Forces and Agencies. Even though it is produced by external software and/or it is saved on computer, the physical book must be produced, pursuant to current legislation and until the law is updated, which is currently being processed. Establishments must keep the record-books for a period of three years.
Basic governing regulations
- Organic Law 4/2015, dated 30 March, on protection of citizen security -article 25.1- (Official State Gazette number 77, dated 31 March).
- Decree 393/1974, dated 7 February, on identification and registration of the users of certain tourism establishments and of persons who rent vehicles with or without driver (Official State Gazette number 43, dated 19 February).
- Decree 1513/1959, dated 18 August, regarding the documents that hospitality
establishments must have pertaining to traveler check-in (Official State Gazette number 207, dated 29 August).
- Order INT/1922/2003, dated 3 July, on record-books and traveler check-in reports for hospitality and similar establishments (Official State Gazette number 165, dated 11 July).
- Order INT/502/2003, dated 21 February, on creation of a file to process the information sent by the hospitality installations to the Guardia Civil, on prevention and investigation of terrorism and other serious forms of organized crime (Parteviaje), at the General Directorate
of the Guardia Civil (Official State Gazette number 57, dated 7 March).
- Resolution dated 14 July 2003, by the Secretariat of State for Security, determining the conditions and form of use of the conveyance of computerized files, as well as the characteristics of the media referred to in Order INT/1922/2003, dated 3 July, on record-books and traveler check-in reports for hospitality and similar establishments (Official State Gazette number 180, dated 29 July).